Friday, October 17, 2008

Reflection on Oct.'s Reflection

Who am I?
My name is Carol Gariano. I am a spirtitual seeker, consociate, a proud grandmother, wife, mother, human being and activist for peace. Not necessarily in that order!
My main "work" at this point in my life is being a supporting presence with my two grandchildren, Olivia and Eli, and with my elderly parents. Olivia turns 3 years old this month. My son and Olivia's mother divorced when Olivia was 18 months old. They live in Fargo,North Dakota. Eli, my daughter's son lives nearby here, he will be 1 yr old on Nov. 4. My parents live in Marian Care Center. My father is paralized on his left side, my mother has tremors due to Parkinson's disease. I also do some contract work with the CSJ Membership Team, offering my experience and heart for the mission.
In my "leisure" time I am a team captian for Obama's Campaign for Change, member of the CSJ committees on Commuion with the Dear Neighbor, rituals for the selection process and non-partisan get out the vote task group. I love to dance as prayer, to walk with friends, to read and to play board games and to meditate with the beauty of nature and love of God.
I write to you from my home alongside Snail Lake in Shoreveiw, Mn, USA. My computer is set up by the window. I like to look out the window and think about where you are as you read this message.
I am a consociate because I share a passion and mission to love God and neighbor. I am supported and challenged by my relationships in the community. I am home here.

Who are we?
I don't have any feedback on the group goals except to say that I hope it doesn't seem too complicated this month. Getting started requires some extra steps so we all understand each other. Feel free anytime to call or email me directly if you that will help with the blogging.

Who are WE becoming?
My hopes for our group is that we become friends within the csj community. That we know and support each other in our spiritual development and work in the world.

Thank you for "listening" to my introduction this way. I look forward to "hearing" yours.
Love, Carol

TIP: When you write your posting save it before you go to look back at the blog. Then if it "disappears" when you come back to the posting page, you can easily paste it back in.