Dear Mary, Kimberly, Irene and Carol,
I don't know if I am in the conversation with you all or not. It has been a serpentine trail just to log on. I have read your comments on the prayer for selecting new leadership for the province and am struck by your reflections on mystery. I suppose being the analytical organizer, I look at the prevailing signs around us that call forth the kind of qualities which will take us forward. With the bail out controversy, the failing economy, global climate change, a conservative & legalistic hierarchy in the church and all the issues emanating from them, it appears that the next team would need to have firm faith and real wisdom to lead the province in ways that can foster creativity among the members to keep our mission clear and our ministries flourishing.
Perhaps the severity of the coming times of less money will trim the dross and make clear what is really important in our communities and our world. We may be reduced in numbers and resources to such a point that solidarity with the poor may truly be the path for us. What then?
Rosita