"O Sacred Mystery
You who embraceus in
unifying love and
hold all in connumion,
be with us
as we call forth
those who will lead
in this mystery
of tranformation.
We ask this in Jesus'
name.
Amen"
We are asked to pray this prayer during the next 5 months of the discernment process selecting new leadership for the province.
What from this prayer touches you most deeply? What stands out for you as you first read the prayer today?
I am captivated by the idea of transformation.
Four years ago I had my birth chart read by Roseann Guigure, CSJ. Roseann told me that the next seven years would be a transforming time for me. She said these next years would be as as transforming as seven years of the 1970's. These were the years when I graduated from college, got my first professional job as an Registered Nurse, joined and served in Volunteers in Service to America (similar to Peace Corp within the USA), met and married John and had our children Nick and Jennifer.
Since Roseann told me I was entering a time of personal transformation i 2003 I became Director of Consociate Services, a grandmother x 3 and retired - and the seven years aren't up yet!
Who am I becoming? Who is God creating in me at this point in my life? Some days it is very clear. I am grandmothering, caring for my elderly parents, being an active consociate in committee work, being an involved citizen during a crucial election year. And other days, I have no idea, I am just doing what comes before me.
Still, I do believe God is using me and in the process, I am being transformed into the person I will be and who I am today.
What from the prayer touches you most deeply? What stands out for you as you read and pray this prayer?
1 comment:
I've had a really nice time playing with this question as I've gone about the task of figuring out how best to post my reply to the blog. Sometimes slow answers come from deep places…
From the beginning, the words "O Sacred Mystery…" grabbed my attention and began to weave through my days as I contemplated what it might mean for someone to be called to lead in this "mystery of transformation." I assume this implies a willingness to follow Spirit one step at a time, not necessarily knowing where that one step might lead. And I began to think of the times in my life when I managed to find the courage to do that, and how the outcome always seemed better than any I could have designed for myself, if my own ego had been in control.
As I pondered on this, I found myself returning again and again to the word 'embrace,' feeling warmed by the image. There was a time when I belonged to a religion where God seemed fearful, and being embraced by Mystery would have been rather terrifying. I've worked through this slowly, over many years, and I realize now how much has been transformed in me as I've just kept walking -- and I know I am still a work in progress!
What a delight to share in this prayer for discernment...
Post a Comment